Friday 3 April 2009

Explicit content, and it's just SO good.

I was thinking today, when debating the importance of the word 'fuck' in today's vocabulary with Bena (you know, the stuff all normal teenagers talk about) how gorgeous the word actually is.

Fuuuuuck.

I mean, there's that fabulously fricative fff sound that stops the world and makes sure that everyone knows what's going down, and then there's that simple yet smartly placed uuu and then it's all sewn up with a marvellous ck which has not one plosive c-sound, but TWO, for extra kiCK.

And you can't even substitute the word fuck with something else, because fuck is fuck you know?

Say it loud and proud, fuck.

It doesn't even stop there.

Shit is just as good.

I hear the word 'shit' and I go 'mmmmm'.

It's the same principle really. The standard fricative 'shhhhh' that just moves me when I hear it, and then a nice 'it' on the end that just EXPLODES in your mouth and you're all 'I GOT THA POWER!' for a couple of seconds before someone else drops a better word and you're all meagre and then it becomes a competition which you refuse to lose. Ever.

However, there is one word I do not like.

The Big C.

Yeah.

There's something about the word 'cunt' that just bugs me. It's ugly. It's too plosive, and God help us all if there are TWO plosives in a word.

Generally I find 'poon' to be a better word. I spent years of my life meaning to order 'panini' from various shops and asking for poonani instead.

You say the word 'poon' and people bow down to you, because poon sounds epic. Poon is the name of gods.

Respect the poon, seriously.

However, on the subject of P-words, let me give you a fine example of a word that needs volume in order to have the correct amount of justice done unto it.

Piss.

Huuuhhuhuuhhuuu...

That word is the equilibrium of my life for sure.

So you see, I have single-handedly given everyone in the living, breathing world the excuse to scream these words with gay abandon, because really, the world is better for it.

I mean, I'm pretty sure that some of the world's most famous paintings have been inspired by such words...







Does anyone actually know what I'm talking about?

*Update*

Tilda has a little more to say on the matter:

I was contemplating the beauty of expletives after browsing over Nicole’s ‘Fuck’ episode… and I found I accidentally also caught the swearing bug.

As a consequence, I Tilda, would like to add a contribution to the world of (abusive) words

Bollocks, for instance…

{ One can roll the ‘l’ nicely on one’s tongue
{ There is a visually pleasing element of the symmetry of ‘ollo’.
{ 2 syllables, is always special- as you can glorify for longer when saying it
{ and of course Smith’s fabulous point, it ends with the Kick of ‘ck’
{ and an ss… to extend it off into the Unknown : )

Boollloockkssss!

Blimey...

2 comments:

rachaelgking said...

There's a reason this is one of my favorite scenes from ANY movie, ever...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Q1g8HAAmsA&feature=related

Nicole said...

That is AMAZING...