Monday 27 April 2009

I don't like Mondays.

Have you ever been unable to think about what you're meant to be doing today because your mind's too busy going 'wrarrggghhhh' to do anything else other than more wrarrggghhhhing?

Hmm... No? You don't know how lucky you are.

Today saw the first and second proper performances of a play I'm doing for my drama GCSE called Teechers which is beyond terrible after the 47th take, but hopefully you'll never have to see it.

Ever.

You lucky, lucky people.

Anyways. I spent four and a half hours in the drama studio getting a verbal beating from various 'superiors' - self-proclaimed or otherwise - and was slowly getting very very angsty, nervous, miserable and unquestionably the most dangerous of all, I was hungry. It was 2pm by the time I got to the youth centre for food - eight hours after my meagre breakfast.

Fucking ouch.

Maths arrived too soon. I've been hassling my head of year/slave to let me skip the exam for ages and we've reached a mutual agreement with it but DEAR GOD WHY OH WHY do I still have to go to those lessons? You can only count numbers, silly, how the hell am I supposed to know what x + y is?

Aaaand then Miss dropped Le Bombshell.

You know, the C word.

Yeah. Coursework.

Turns out I'd completely forgotten about a some last-minute piece of work. And it was due in last Friday. And I'd completely forgotten. And I wanted to live. And I had too much to do. And-

Part of me just... snapped.

Though after twenty or so minutes of hiding/crying in the toilets, I discovered that I wasn't nearly as far gone as the teachers.

They have fucking motion detectors in the toilet. It wasn't long before the 6"7 PE teacher came along to evict me.

Emotionless bastard.

The short of the long of it is that I ended up in ...The Inclusion Room... for the third time ever.

*SHOCK HORROR*

And then! AND THEN!!

I had to go to drama for the performance for the teachers and Tilda had my bag so I was hunting her down and my BFF Main Gay.5 caught me in the Quad and gave me a hug.

Innocent enough, right?

Apparently not. The Badger (Head Teacher) came along, stopped next to us and said 'We have a six inch rule here'.

A SIX INCH RULE?!! The cheek of it!!!

How on Earth are we supposed to continue the human race now that swine flu has STRUCK US DOWN with a six inch rule in place?!

I'll be honest, a six-inch limit doesn't sound like a whole lot of fun.

Aaanyways...

I did the performance with a crippling headache and only forgot one line, which is an achievement really.

But I have an oral to do tomorrow.

That's an oral exam by the way.

Yeah, my day's been full of that humour.

So sue me.

Despite the day being shitty beyond belief and a month of Thursdays (And I HATE Thursdays), I managed to find a bright side whilst sitting in inclusion.

"Well," I thought. "At least this makes good blog fodder."

Typico.

0 comments: