Wednesday 8 April 2009

Sipping tea and trying to remember how to speak English-like

Did I tell you that I speak American-ish?

Yeah. Such is the effect of reading so many American books/blogs and watching too many American films.

Oh, and I know more about baseball than I do about cricket.

Basically, I rock.

It annoys a lot of people though, mostly because I keep calling everyone 'Dude'.

Anna is now known as Dude. She hates this, she may even highlight this in the comments, but maybe not... I think my American-ness is the real reason that she is refusing to elope to the USA with me and Tilda to set up a tent on top of here because we are mere immigrants that are too poor to pay rent and I'm pretty sure that no one person owns the Seattle Space Needle.

Regardless, that's what's happening. Hit me up in a few years.

Back to the point, even my mother has become Dude. She's indifferent, mostly this is just because it's really not worth questioning my dizzying logic. And considering how much I do for her (see below) I'm kind of at liberty here.



Yeah. What wouldn't you do for a daughter like me?

I mean, I come with a free PediPaws kit! (<--- READ THIS: I thought it was pretty hilarious...)

(P.S. I'm fully aware that this post is full of cringe-worthy stereotyping.)

1 comments:

Jay Ferris said...

What a coincidence! I too am fluent in bad English!