Wednesday 16 September 2009

If my train goes off the track, pick it up, pick it up, pick it up.

I've got into this awesome routine now I'm back at school. I'm only studying four subjects so I have one helluva lot of free time, so on a morning I walk down to the much-loved Big Bite and get myself a fried egg sandwich. I had the good sense to hide in the park the first time I ate one so when I bit into it and egg yolk exploded all over my face I had some concealment.

Scared the shit out of the kids though. And their parents. I think they thought I had a dire case of acne.

I'm loving sixth form, though I'm currently one of 113 people who are suffering from The Great Bewerley Hangover. I wake up in the morning, having not slept (mostly due to the stupid, evil HPV vaccine that makes your arm hurt like the dickens and sends you into a fever) and with a runny nose and sore throat, walk run to school with a headache and spend the first two lessons, or until I head down to Big Bite, feeling like death and wishing I was somewhere, anywhere away from school.

And then after a couple of hours it goes. It's a sweet little routine.

Lunchtimes are especially awesome because we have the common room to ourselves, away from the lower and the lower lower schools, and we BLAST music. Note the blast, it's blast as in surround sound and not being able to hear the person next to you screaming in your ear or the guy that just yelled because the table he was raving on collapsed. It's ah-may-zing.

Aaaand finally my teachers are crazy. One of my media/film studies teachers is my beloved ex-English teacher who is just totally great. One of my English teachers is my old drama teacher, which isn't so much. My part-time psychology and sociology teacher is seriously cool and the other guy that teaches me psycho and socio is also my form teacher and is undoubtedly, for lack of better phrasing, out of his fucking mind. But he was the one who suggested we all start blogs or get twitter or start a Facebook group in order to keep on top of our work which gets epic amounts of marks in my book. So there.

So all in all, I'm a-lovin' school right now, which is great because last year all I wanted to do was kill people. (Oh, you don't remember? I had a shitfit over a seating plan, broke £2000 of glassware whilst working and scalded my hand after getting groped by a gorgeous Dutch guy).

Now my biggest problem is just having to comb egg yolk out of my eyebrows.

0 comments: