Tuesday 27 October 2009

I'm just here to love you.

Alors... 27th of October.

Exactly a year ago I did a variety of things... I babysat both of my nieces for three days. I asked for and received red and black bands on my braces, keeping in theme with Twilight. I nearly bit my dentist's fingers off and I discovered a turd on the floor in the middle of a waiting room in the hospital.

Also, my lovely, lovely nephew was born.



For the first week we couldn't think of a name for him. It's not like we hadn't been narrowing down the list for nine months or anything, none of us could agree on a name. I wanted to call him Caleb, like the guy from Kings Of Leon (wooooooooooah, your sex is on fiii-ire), but in the end I was turned down, which sucks because I'm kind of awesome.



But anyways, this awesome lump of luuurve is Rhiley Kaelen "Chunk" Gaines, my awesome TIMES A MILLION nephew. He's one year old today.

The year has gone really quickly, but it hasn't exactly gone smoothly. What with all the stays in hospital, the spell of Bronchitis that had me howling like a wounded animal at school, the meningitis scare that made sure I had worry coming out of my eyes and then having his bed collapse on him. It's been an eventful year.



When he first had Bronchitis I was in such a state that I was ushered into an empty classroom to calm down implode before being taken to hospital to see him, which was grim. All covered in tubes and crying because he kept coughing. Not so good.

Health scares and accidents aside, he's a pretty kick-ass baby. Insanely cuddling and giggly. He almost never cries and he's a total rock star, bobbing up and down waving his arms whenever music comes on. He gets that from me, obviously.



How could anyone resist that face? His sisters do it, somehow. They wind him up no end but he sticks it out, which instantly makes him better than me.

But that's cool. We're cool.


Somehow he always manages to look like he's seen the inside of a Travelodge just west of the seventh circle of hell, but honestly, he's a happy little chunk.

Happy birthday, baby! Don't party too hard.

0 comments: