Sunday 11 April 2010

A summary whilst I wait for something better to write.

I have four drafts of different posts saved, but they all need work and I'm not in the mood, like at all.

Between working, sleeping and watching my social life skip off into the dusk I've come to love the following things.

1. Walking the dogs.



Trundling through Walmgate Stray with two very active and competitive dogs whilst trying not to step in any of the hidden boggy bits (about 90% of it) is oddly lovely.

2. Destroying my mum's house.



I've had the opportunity to vent and be destructive. I took out a kitchen, jumped through the back of a wardrobe before it collapsed (my sister crapped herself) and then put tons of holes in the walls.

3. Redecorating/rebuilding my mum's house.



I've painted most of the rooms now, I plastered all the walls after I left them full of holes and I've shifted all the furniture. I also discovered a lovely message for me on the wall.


4. Staying awake until dawn.

Even though I'm at work most of the time, I can't help staying awake until the birds start singing. And then not being able to sleep because OhMyGodDon'tThoseBirdsEverShutUp??


So that's what I've been doing when I haven't been working my little fingers to the bone (I coloured in a map of the stockrooms yesterday... I'm special), fighting killer washing machines (that's another story) and making epic fail cake (better left untold).

4 comments:

Galinaros said...

More epic fail cake?!?

Nicole said...

Yep. I was totally Marie Antoinette in another life. "Let them eat cake"..

Anonymous said...

I personally enjoy carving "Wolverine was here" into the frost on car windows. It's a nice change from smiley faces. Anyone can make a smiley face, and really, does that cheer people up? Wolverine, on the other hand... Much more exciting and intriguing.

Nicole said...

I like your thinking... Usually I write "I'm onto you, Steve" or "Your next" on car windows. People definitely need more excitement and intrigue in their lives. =P