Thursday 4 February 2010

Another reason why processed food is baaaad.

This morning I was woken up to "Get up, we're going to the co-op."

I should have been suspicious. We never shop at the co-op.



The co-op, ladies and gents, is a store, specifically a food store. It's your average local convenience store, big enough for odds and ends, but no good if you want to fill your fridge for a week. (At least that's what I've been led to believe. Very competitive are these supermarkets.)

Anyway, I was being dragged across York towards nowhere that had ever seen a co-op to my knowledge before stopping outside The Co-operative Funeralcare.

I turn to my mum: "I thought that was a joke!"

The co-op. The bloody co-op do funerals.

Well. Fuck me sideways.

Turns out they do cardboard coffins as well. I thought that was kinda amazing.

You see, I, being a total tree-hugger when I have the energy (and being dead, I'd leave it to someone else), would have a cardboard coffin for my funeral because it is eco-friendly and uber quirky because it looks like something you'd bring home a hamster from Pets At Home in. It's great, only I'd be worried (in my dead, corpsey state) that if it rained the cardboard would go soggy and I'd fall out and roll into a ravine or something, because that would be something even my dead, weathered corpse would do because I perpetually have that kind of luck.

Anyway. Would you trust a food store that offered funerals with your veggies?

I'm not sure I do.

0 comments: