Monday 8 February 2010

"In an ordinary world I'd call this home."



There are things I love and hate about York.



York, collectively, I quite like. The people of York generally suck, espesh those who come into Argos wanting things and being all mardy when I don't jump back on my hind legs and do tricks for their entertainment. (I do my job and I do it well, but some people just go too far.)



Now... Walmgate I do love. Walmgate is my part of York (trust me, no one else would want it) and as such, is probably a complete hole. Most people would tell you that Tang Hall is the worst place in York, and what do I say to that? Bulllllshit. Tang Hall may be rough, but we Walmgateers TOTALLY WIN where drugs/drink/crime is concerned. (TURF WARS!) God, I love it.



I've said before that I love Walmgate and its adorable petty crime (which is oddly characteristic of the place) and I'll just say that it still stands that way. My friend says it's the only place in York where you can light up a spliff in the street and no one'll call you out. Huzzah! I took that as a compliment.



I always blow about how I can't stand being stuck in the same place for years on end but really it's home that keeps my head above the water.

Thanks Walmgate, York. I promise I'll lend you my lighter next time you ask.

0 comments: