Monday 1 February 2010

This is how it goes so far.

I keep thinking of ways to come back and say what's been happening since, Christicles, ages ago.

Lots of stuff has happened, lots of stuff hasn't happened and my sister, as ever, is being a cock.

Which makes me laugh really. It's nice that some things are consistent.

Mostly when I sit down to type something it goes like this.

The ceiling at Fibbers looks like any other living room ceiling. I can see it clearly because I'm stood on a platform. I'm stood on a platform because I'm working on the lighting desk. I'm looking at the ceiling because I'm shitting-bricks-nervous. A torch flashes side stage and I plunge the bar into darkness as the music starts. I'm muttering OkayokayokayokayI'mokayokayokay... under my breath and I'm hyperventilating. Stage fright from behind the crowd.

This is one of the more exciting things that has happened. I lit a show, lighting-engineer-style, one night last week and I didn't cock up. I even got a 'nice light show!' afterwards. I was nervous because I'm used to the lighting board at a bar called The Duchess and I learnt to use the board at Fibbers roughly three and a half minutes before the band started playing.

It went okay. It went well, even.

School's... iffy. I feel ill and tired most days, I'm actually off school today. I went in for one lesson and bleurgh.

I was horrified to discover that the new and improved Maryland cookies taste of ash, even though the improvement is that they've been made with golden syrup. I love golden syrup!

What a gyp.

What else, apart from The Big Thing?

My sister keeps sticking googly eyes to the vegetables in the fridge. I made mushroom stroganoff and it was looking up at me from the plate. I papped myself.

That's all I can be bothered to recap with right now.

5 comments:

rachaelgking said...

"I feel ill and tired most days..."

I feel ya on that. I am just exhausted lately... sigh.

Nicole said...

Sucks... Low five!

That Girl said...

You mean veggies don't normally have googly eyes? Really? Are you sure?

Galinaros said...

I'd have to ask the same question as Emily...

Nicole said...

I know right? I was horrified the first time one of their eyes fell off... I was all.. "I'LL SAVE YOU, CARROT DUDE!"