Wednesday 27 May 2009

The Great Durham Excursion

This is going to be a very short post full of pictures and loveliness because some fucknut made me peel lots of vegetables despite the fact that I am allergic to them and so now my hands are all red and swollen and I need to save the last of my strength to strangle said asshat.

Yesterday we went to Durham because my mum's passport ran out and British passports suck even more than my passport picture and Durham has the nearest passport office. It was one of those places where they search your bag for knives, guns and knitting needles, take off your belt and then run you over with a vacuum cleaner. Kind of awesome really.

I was running off of four hours of sleep because I decided that it was better to be slap-happy rather than tired. Go figure. But I still managed to make it all the way up to the cathedral and castle, and all the way down again, and all the way home and all the way to bed never to leave again.

And then just this morning I was looking at my photos when I noticed something rather odd. York and Durham are, for tourists, almost exactly the same.

Just look at the evidence.




It's a fine line.

Look at it all there... All old and divine. You just know that secretly they think they are better than you.

No, not even secretly, these guys FLAUNT their good looks.

Bastards.

Furthermore, never ever upon entering a church have I ever felt more heathen bombarded by propaganda. Ever.

Other than that, it was an absolutely lovely place.

My heart bleeds for the people of Durham, it really does. I totally get how annoying living in a pretty city can be.

Don't get me wrong, Durham was great, and it's home to the university I want to go to (that place was so gorgeous it made me feel very small), but living there? Nah, it can't be that good.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Wow scary similarites

Gotta prefer York tho

cant say I like the geordie accent so much :P

Nicole said...

Hehe... I was on the train going up to Newcastle and these girls were talking behind me, turned to my mum: "I'm sorry, but was that... was that English?"