Monday 16 November 2009

I best be on my way now.

Lately I've been bogged down under everyone else's problems.

My parents still fight and argue all the time. My mum has become a raving feminist, blaming men for EVERYTHING and trying to drag me down into her little celibate lesbian club for one (that's what she named herself) which as of yet has been and will remain an unsuccessful gambit. My dad keeps to himself as he always has (we do not have much of a relationship, or any relationship, come to think of it) and goes off to be with other people and all that crap. Sucks. I can't leave the house for more than ten minutes with my parents together without them exploding into arguments and my sister hiding in my bedroom.

My brother's marriage fell flat last week. He can't see his kids or his wife and this time he didn't actually do anything. He's been pretty much inconsolable since then. I had to go sit with him at my grandma's house yesterday, only to find him hugging a cushion in the foetal position and not eating/drinking/saying anything. Last night I was told I might have to take his place and go to Paris for Christmas with my sister-in-law and the kids, but I don't want to because he was so looking forward to having Christmas with the kids again.

My sister is a relentless shithead who goes out of her way to make me feel awful.

I have a stupidly little amount of money, meaning I miss out on school books, extra reading stuff and occasionally my lunch.

School is difficult, the workload is too much and I have no motivation to do anything. I'd happily drop out.

Everyone makes out that I've got it easy.

I appear to have adopted the status of 'taker of shit'. They don't seem to realise that I cannot deal with their crap. I have my own crap and it is great and bountiful. I've got things I want to do, places I want to be and things I want to try, and I cannot do any of that when I'm scared to leave the house, never mind the country, in case something goes wrong.

And apparently I don't even have to leave the house now. My sister-in-law called to say my brother is sat on the side of the motorway threatening to jump in front of a car. Stupid twonk. (He wouldn't do that)

Ohh, the drama.

So forgive me if I'm ranting, which I am, and forgive me if I'm being selfish, but I cannot deal with everyone else's crises right now.

3 comments:

Jay Ferris said...

Sounds like you need a change of scenery -- on a continental scale!

Rachel said...

hang in there sis xxxx

Nicole said...

Jay: That's the best idea I've ever heard. Ever.

Rach: You'll have to come up to York for Christmas shopping and general saving of my sanity.