Tuesday 22 June 2010

I honestly think I saw Ray Mears today.

Surviving on three hours sleep, today I went out into the wide world (Ahh! It burns!) and delivered my application forms to places.

I hate buses. They're warm and loud and I get travel sick now because our car is off the road this month so I've been walking everywhere but I have to go on buses because,

A. I live in the middle of York so everything that isn't in the city centre is VERY far away.

B. I have a habit of oversleeping so I run late for work a lot.

C. I work a few miles outside of York.

D. The stores I want to work at are even further away than that. On the other side of York and then some.

Anyway, after running into someone who looked, acted, sounded and dressed like Ray Mears and being ever so slightly bewildered by it, I jumped on the bus and sat still for 45 minutes as we crawled through traffic.

Blergh.

And then again, as we came back to York.

Blergh.

There's good news though. Mum's morgage came through so I can start my driving lessons soon and stop taking the damn bus.

There's hope yet.

0 comments: