Friday 11 June 2010

I've earnt the right to be mopey.

Today I dropped into that-store-that-I-applied-to to ask for another application form and was told that 'sorry, we stopped recruiting yesterday'.

I was grouchy for the rest of the day. My poor manager didn't know what had hit him.

I stood with my arms crossed, glaring at the tills, daring customers to come along wanting to pay for things. Then they did and I was charming. It's easy to be charming, it's hard to get their attention away from the stud (Shiiiiny) in my nose though. People always stare at my nose.

The World Cup kicked off at 3.30.. the store was dead quiet and there were no jobs to do, so there were six of us stood doing sod all. England is playing tomorrow so we get to wear football shirts to work. My manager decided his mission was to cheer me up, which worked, ish. We're all going out tomorrow night for someone's birthday, t'will be awesome and almost worth the nightmare that was trying to find something to wear.

I really reaaaallllyyy love my job. Not many people have managers who let them start start work ten minutes late because they are enjoying a particularly delicious packet of Oreos during briefing.

Buuuut I really do need another job, so the hunt is on. I spent an hour making lists this morning (yeah, okay.) and this is what I came up with re: jobs:

1. Ninja assasin - I'm serious. Mostly.
2. Bartender/barmaid - I don't know why I like job as much as I do, but I do.
3. Argos Gremlin - I got there first, bitches.
4. Clothes store person - I love clothes, I hate buying them.
5. Starbucks barrister - It's STARBUCKS.

Job searching is going to be a perky trip, I can tell.

0 comments: