Monday 14 June 2010

It takes skill to make decent gravy out of an Oxo cube and instant mash. I have that skill.*

*Factual but irrelevent.

I'm taking time out of my über busy schedule of cooking/sobbing down the phone to some poor rep from PC World/The Sims 2-ing/did-I-mention-the-sobbing?-ing to tell you that rhubarb is the most soothing thing to peel EVER. It actually is. I've never felt so relaxed with a knife in my hand. Heh heh..

My poor baby (my laptop) is without a working adaptor so I called PC World to beg for a new one, which should've been easy because it comes with the warranty, but nooooo... They wanted to steal away my laptop for further tests for upto-and-including-48-days-in-which-time-we-are-not-responsible-to-damage-to-any-of-the-information-on-your-laptop which I agreed to, hung up, went into auto-pilot for five minutes and then dived across the room, snatched up the phone and yelled "CANCEL IT! DON'T TAKE IT AWAY!" and then started crying because being shot in the face is preferable to having my laptop taken away for any reason.

So, my poor baby's future is uncertain for the next few weeks. I'll have to buy a new adaptor because £30+ is much better than being without a laptop.

..Yeah. I'm sane.

And now I have to go see if my world famous (as of forty minutes ago) Rhubarb Guestimation Crumble has exploded or not.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My husband would love you! He would live on rhubarb crumble if I let him!

CJ xx

Nicole said...

I'm a sucker for crumble!! Apple and Plum are my favourites. =D