Wednesday 16 June 2010

My neighbours include Sasha the rottweiler and Kenny the boa constrictor.

I think I mentioned once or twice that my newish neighbours have lots of animals.

Today I met them all and it was terrifyingly awesome.

I came outside to find everyone stood on the balcony with Tiny Pup (no name yet.. very tiny) who they adopted because his mum stopped producing milk when he was two weeks old and Sasha the huge, chunky, gorgeous BFG of a rottweiler. They have two other gorgeous puppies who love running around our kitchen. They have two house bunnies, a tarantula called Rosie, two rats and eleven snakes.

I shit you not.

Dan (neighbour who also happens to be a tattoo artist - WOOP! He let me look at all his design mags) said something about getting Monty, who I assumed was one of the rabbits or rats.

No. Not he was not.

Monty is a huge python. Monty the Python. I love Monty. He's good people. Or snakes. (He's one heavy guy, that's fo sho)

Theeen they brought out a couple of the smaller snakes. One, Choco, was tiny and looked like a bracelet on my wrist. Another, Kenny, was slightly bigger and I could feel by holding him that he was one strong little guy.

"Are they the same breed of snake?" My mum asked.

"Ohh, no. Choco's a corn snake and the one Nicky's holding is a boa constrictor."

REALLY?!

I would've done a happy dance if my hands weren't locked together by half a metre of solid snake. I took Kenny upstairs to show Cleo and straight away he struck out at her. She yelped, I burst out laughing and ran downstairs.

"Kenny tried to kill Cleo!! KENNY ROCKS!"

0 comments: