Monday 21 June 2010

Titles are for people with brains.

Today, walking back from the hospital, I made a new friend.

I don't know his name and he lives where he chooses.

He was a homeless guy sat under Monkgate Bar who was sat with another, much younger, guy holding a bundled scarf like it was an infant. He called out to me, sounded alarming like the vicar guy off of The Princess Bride and said "I know a cat who had a habbit.. of feasting on lots of tasty rabbits!"

I gave him the thumbs up and told him about how my mum's cat's favourite flavour food is rabbit.

"Do you want a Tarot card reading?" The younger guy said quickly, holding out the scarf, which made the possessiveness make more sense. To me, anyway.

I told him I couldn't, that I was in a rush, the usual jargon. The older man said that the Tarot readings were good and I told him that I knew, because I could read them too (Yeah.. about that..).

I stood and talked to the two homeless men for a good ten minutes before I left, feeling much happier that I had before.

It's nice how people do that.

0 comments: