Wednesday 10 March 2010

Eat my shorts.

The Simpsons/Family Guy is what my family aspires to be, I think. Sometimes.

I've seen an episode of The Simpsons at least every other day for most of my life, my sister has possibly seen more, and my parents have too. Same with Family Guy. Same with Futurama.

So it's a pretty standard thing in my household to hear quotes from The Simpsons, Futurama and Family Guy in my family. I don't even notice anymore, but my friend stopped by the other day and she professes that her mind was BLOWN.

"Nicky, can you open the car hole please?" (Garage)

"DAD! BENDER BURNT THE FOOD AGAIN!" (Oven)
"Kill him! Stun him! Turn him off!"
"How do you do that?"
"Ask your mother."
"MUM! HOW DO YOU KILL BENDER?!"

"What language are you learning this month?"
"Robonian. The language I didn't make up."

"Hello. Where's Mum?"
"I dunno."
"Mum! Mum! Mum! Mum! Mummy! Mummy! Mummy! Ma! Ma! Ma! Mamma! Mamma! Mamma! Ma-"
"WHAT!?"
"...Hi."

"Hey look! Hot-air balloon!"
"Hey there, blimpy boy..."

And so on.

I'm telling you this because The Cleveland Show has just been aired in the UK, and my sister and dad? They love it.



It's so weird it's kinda awesome.

(And I've totally called someone 'chocolate person' before. I was four. It happens. I'm sorry.)

2 comments:

Jassie said...

Aww, the Cleveland show finished here. The hard core futurama fans amongst the group thought it was strange though.

It's pretty awesome though. xD

Nicole said...

Oh yes. =D

(And also kinda sucky... I'm always the last person on the web to see these things =P)