Monday 22 March 2010

So, this is home.

One typical thing of parents breaking up is the custody battle that follows afterwards.

My parents have been pussy-footing around the whole who-gets-who thing for a while now. My mum has inheritted my grandma's house so we're fixing it up and she's moving in there, but that won't be for a few months yet. From the moment I realised that Uhh, Shit, my parents are breaking up, I've always said that I'd stay in Walmgate.

My mum had this idea of her jumping between houses, just so we wouldn't have to choose, but that fizzled out. She also said she wouldn't go anywhere until I was fixed, like a bike or my weak-at-heart bed.

As it stands, I'm staying in Walmgate with my dad, Cleo's going to live in Beans Way with my mum. Opposite sides of York really.

I love my house. Despite the arguments, accidents and occupants it's the place I'm most comfortable in right now. It's the place where I can sit on the kitchen counter whilst waiting for something to cook. It's the place where I can occupy the top floor for days and not come down. It's the place where I can sit on the doorstep on the balcony wrapped in a blanket and not be in the way. It's the place where I feel like I'm not trying too hard.


And that's just fine.

0 comments: