Friday 5 March 2010

Odds bodkins

We (bloggers) all have the friends who make us think "Thank God I clicked that link".

Have we all met my friend Rach?

She's possibly four or five times more awesome than I am, which proves that you can go past infinity.

It was only by chance that I joined a networking site called Lunarstorm when I was 12 (by clicking on an advert... on Neopets.com... shut up), and then chance came along again when Rach sent me a message saying that she liked my profile (it had tiny guitars on it, rawk on).

She ended up calling me 'little sis' because I was 12 and so took the full brunt of the internet's mean-ness and I kept running/clicking to her for help.

We first met up on Valentine's Day 2007, which was fun.

The next time we met up, we saw Within Temptation (awesome band) live.

The third time we met up we went to Holland. You know, like you do.


Guess who's accidentally stoned in this picture. Clue: It isn't Rach.

We stood in a huge venue with 7998 other Dutch people who are generally Really Fucking Tall. Most of them where taking advantage of the 'cannabis for all!' laws that I so want the UK to introduce (you know, for kicks) and by the end of the night I was feeling all kinds of 'wooahhh, my hands are like... huge' and I distinctly remember crawling into the lift at the hotel.



We've seen Within Temptation twice, Nightwish once, and then a £1500 handbag that looked like a skinned cat on string.

She introduced me to Nightwish (who I love insanely), I introduced her to cheese toasties. It's tit for tat.

And finally, we're slightly very eccentric:



We totally slayed Paramore's Born For This that time.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

NICKY!

I LOVE YOU !!

WOWWW

a whole blog dedicated to me! you sneaky thing, i only just found this!

xx

thank you so much you do rule ;)

Nicole said...

No problem sis. ;)