Sunday 7 March 2010

What would have made this trip better? If I hadn't found my harmonica in two pieces before I left. Nooooo..!

So yesterday I went to Whitby.



Whitby's where Bram Stoker wrote Dracula and it draws on that so of course I had four or five run-in's with big-ass, steroid-chugging spiders (who wants a spider, pincers and all, displayed in a glass block ANYWHERE in their house? Who pays for those things?) before I could flee to Kettleness, down the coast.



Kettleness is basically just a few houses and a cliff, but I love it anyway. You can see for miles and it's totally wild.

I got to take lots of photos of rocks and things (ohh, the thrill...)







"This, children, is an excellent example of sedimentary rock..."



Hell yeah, that's a Snufkin bag.





I got to spend an hour pondering the colour of my hair. What colour is my hair? Is it blonde or brown? I used to be blonde (diddums...) but now I'm all... I don't even know.



This was the moment when I was too dope for the camera. Very, very white.

Also saw an absolutely gorgeous sunset when driving back over the North Yorkshire Moors.

2 comments:

Not From Lapland said...

I didn't know he wrote it in Whitby!

Nicole said...

Me neither! But I heard it said when I went passed a Dracula exhibition on Saturday, so.. yeah!