Tuesday 22 December 2009

Barry White + industrial metal = I win.

I'm not even remotely listening to Barry White right now.

Not even a tiny bit.

I may have had an awesome time at Mo-Balls' house last night, with much Shloer, nibbles and Anner-made risotto (it tasted like Jesus). I may have watched Bridget Jones: The Edge Of Reason and then the final episodes of The Vicar Of Dibley (judge not... it's spectacular) before crashing on the floor.

I may have gotten paid and went wild in the Borders 90% off sale (so gutted it's closing) before trying on tons of clothes that didn't fit, went on a bender in HMV and came out with the following after deciding at the very last minute not to buy the Buffy The Vampire Slayer soundtrack (don't ask):

- Bridget Jones' Diary soundtrack
- Bridget Jones' Diary second soundtrack
- Bridget Jones: The Edge Of Reason soundtrack
- Love Actually soundtrack

Christmas rom-coms are the shit, make no mistake there.

Anyhoodle. I'd been listening to combos of Jamie Cullum, Amy Winehouse, Barry White and The Darkness all day and THEN I was thrown into The Duchess to see my one of my dad's bands (currently sitting at no. 20 in the Amazon UK singles chart) which just happens to be an industrial metal-ish affair. The urge to headbang was actually crippling. At one point I ended up working the lights and lit some of the show pretty nicely. I have never been so nervous about fucking up. Apparently I'm going to be lighting more shows from now on. Heaven help us all.

And I've just discovered that the Love Actually soundtrack has the Billy Mack (Bill Nighy) version of Christmas Is All Around.

This is going to be a very good Christmas. Hahaha...

0 comments: