Wednesday 2 December 2009

I'm trying to help you, you dirty bitches.

I find it really, really difficult to level with people when they are being stupid.

Our Lord Archer is the same, he says it hurts his head to work as slowly as we do, but he's an asshat. And I mean that in a good sort of way.

Usually today I'd be helping P.Daddy with a year ten bottom set in maths but I really cannot deal with them anymore. They are stupid, cocky 14/15 year olds who think they're really, really tough but are insanely stupid.

I'd win in a fight, that's for sure.

I wouldn't mind if they were just a bit behind with maths or whatever, but instead they are stupid, socially inept children who actually cause me to fear for the future generations.

Instead, today I took off from school at lunchtime and went to work instead. So much better. 'Sides, I get paid.

Me and this guy at work have a running joke that he is incredibly active (hell no he isn't) and I'm insanely lazy (am SO not). So today I took over his usual position: reclining in a comfy chair with 20 Questions and my feet up on a ladder.

Instant reaction: "OH MY GOD YOU'RE SAT IN MY CHAIR, BITCH!"

"Damn straight I'm sat in your chair. Go look like your doing something, it's your turn."

Fun times.

Customers at Argos generally restore my faith in humanity. When an order goes well they're all smiley and funny and happy and when an order goes badly they're always understanding, or at least oblivious to my internal dialogue sending the one-in-a-million evil customer to the fiery pits of Hades.

Good people of Argos: I love you. Free DS Lites for everyone.

Also, one of the managers came in today and announced she was pregnant. Awesome. Congrats.

Whilst I'm being fairly optimistic I'll add that I have the single most awesome (I really love that word, don't I? Any suggestions for better words?) weekend lined up. Josh & Co. at The Duchess on Friday, Mostly Autumn at the Grand Opera House on Saturday and Breathing Space at The Duchess on Sunday. It'll be like one big bender, and I only have to work Saturday afternoon. ('Sides, work owes me some more money - SO making this weekend memorable, or otherwise)

The only downside is that it is now 10.30pm and I still have two essays to write for tomorrow. Being in full-time edu-ma-cation and working part-time means that I am living life-and-a-half. Time doesn't drag like it used to, and this is totally fine by me.

3 comments:

That Girl said...

Today I really started to look at your March NaBloPoMo badge.
"I did it!
March"
Oh, did you now? And how was that? Has it happened again since? What's his name? Yes, I'm perverted.

r beezy said...

i wish i had a busy weekend like that lined up! have fuuuuun.

Nicole said...

Emily: Haha! No more perverted than I am, I assure you. (PS Not telling. ;P )

Rachel: Thanks, will do! :)