Friday 18 December 2009

In other words, it's really fecking cold.

Allow me to demonstrate in pictures what the past 24 hours have been like...


Fig. 1


Fig. 2


Fig. 3


Fig. 4


Fig. 5


Fig. 1 - Yesterday's 'Oooh, snow! Bit cold isn't it?"
Fig. 2 - Walking home in the snow, blizzards and general bollock-freezing conditions.
Fig. 3 - Epic rigger boots that kept my feet uncharacteristically toasty. Sadly have no grip despite having steel toe caps, distressed leather and other signs of being HARDCORE. Being designed for oil rigs might also have given me the impression that they'd at least put up some defense against the snow, but NO, I fell flat on my arse twice instead.
Fig. 4 - Nearing school... Thought this was a pretty nice scene.
Fig. 5 - A side street near my house. Salters didn't bother to clear it so it was rather nice/horrendous to walk down.

And apparently it's going to get worse and carry on snowing until Monday.

Lemme just stress that it is FREEZING COLD, as in, MY HAIR FROZE TO MY HEAD THIS MORNING.

That bad.

I can't wait.

(In other news, I got my contract at work extended. Woop!)

5 comments:

Jay Ferris said...

Have fun enjoying the blizzard -- could be a while before you see another one in those parts!

r beezy said...

i can't feel my face.

Nicole said...

Jay: Ohh I will...

Rachel: I share your pain.

Galinaros said...

For oil rigs? Gimme.

Nicole said...

Mine! ¬.¬