Tuesday 24 February 2009

Don't stop me now.

You know you get ill, and you want to scream and shout at said illness? You can't be ill. You're not allowed to be ill because your evil warlord of a chemistry teacher will dissolve you with hydrochloric acid if you so much as think of missing a lesson (at Flufford we have the fear of HCl struck into us at a very young age...).

I'm having one of those days/weeks/years.

After the month of illness that ensued when I contracted and played host to The Great Plague Of 2008 last year, I didn't expect to get ill again for another decade or so.

No such luck.

We went to the doctors today. After being nearly decapitated by the newly installed (and apparently faulty) doors, me and my mum were summoned...

The following ten minutes were tortuous. I was poked, prodded and made to wish that I'd never been born, particularly to my mother, who kept up a long string of jokes at my expense for almost an hour after we left.

Throughout the appointment, I could tell the doctor was hating me more and more for having a difficult immune system.

The conversation went as follows...

Doctor I-Want-My-Lunch-Break: Okay, so let me just get a look at your tonsils.
Victim 101 (Me): *croaking as am DYING here* Uhh... I don't know where they are.
Doctor I-Want-My-Lunch-Break: That's why I'm the doctor.
Victim 101: No, I mean, I don't have them anymore. I had them taken out.
Doctor I-Want-My-Lunch-Break: *sigh* Right. Well do you eat a lot of fruit and vegetables?
Victim 101: No, I can't, I'm allergic to the acid in them.
Doctor I-Want-My-Lunch-Break: *clears throat in a very pissed off way* Okay... When was your last period?
Victim 101: Not sure. I'm not so masochistic, I don't count the days until I have to walk around bleeding again.
Doctor I-Want-My-Lunch-Break: Go lie on the bed please.

*Mum cracks up laughing at the expression on my face*

Looking at it like that, it's understandable that Doc was pretty peeved, but I wasn't actually being that annoying, he was just short-tempered and pervy.

This is the kind of crap I'm subjected to whilst I'm dying of the plague.

This is NO GOOD people!

I could have been doing something interesting, like swinging with these cool dudes.



Yup, meet 11SBY (PG in spirit).

But no, I couldn't be in this picture, because I'm ILL.

I am not impressed with my immune system right now.

0 comments: