Wednesday 11 February 2009

Welcome down to my planet hell.

Now. I blog A LOT about Stalag 14, and how much it sucks, but what do you know about Fulford School really? That it's awesome because I go there? That it's horrific because I suffer there?

Both are equally true. School sucks in the extreme, but in reality it is SO much more than that.

It's a prison. It's a liberated concentration camp. It's a hello-hole.

But they dress it up quite well. So kudos to Goebbels for that one (sorry for the Nazi references, I'll try to stop).

Fig. 1 - The 'Portakabins? Where?!' approach.



This is the A-Block. It's one of the newest blocks and it cost 4.4 million pounds. It's nice in a weird way.

HOWEVER.

Notice how the photo cuts off something?

See how it is just that little bit too thin?

It's got a secret, people.

Next to the A-block lies the B-block. The B-block is a derilect, cruddy, falling-down, shivers-down-your-spine-and-crows kind of place.

Fig. 2 - Our evil dictator.



This is him. No kidding.

Fig. 3 - The logo is outdated.



A wheatsheaf? I'M NOT A FARMER! You're just proving the Southerners right you know! (Southern England-dwellers traditionally think all Northerners are farmers)

A cross? My school of all places is a God-less, soul-less place. It's the most God-forsaken place I've ever set foot in. Why???!

A book? Half the people at Flufford can't read! Don't be stupid!

Fig. 4 - The motto lies.

'A Posse Ad Esse'? 'From possibility to realisation'? HA! What were they smoking that night? Every possibility I've been offered by the school has been screwed up in some way or another. It really should be 'A Esse Ad Posse Ad Nihilo' (yeah, I can do Latin, check me out). 'From realisation to possibility to nothing'.

Fig. 5 - This logo is SO much better.



And more accurate, besides.

[Dooce me, Fulford, I defy you.]

0 comments: