Saturday 21 February 2009

For a pessimist I'm pretty optimistic.

Today I'm going to talk a little a lot loads about someone I look up to.



Meet Hayley Williams.

Incase you don't know, Hayley Williams is the singer of a fantabulous band called Paramore.



Hayley Williams is incredible. She's lovely, loud and can really put on a show.



And on a slightly more obvious note, she looks awesome too.



Best. Hair. Ever.



Seriously, I want that hair.

Mine.

She's 19 and she's already done what I'd be happy doing over the span of a lifetime. Her middle name's Nichole (Give it up for Nicoles and Nicholes everywhere!) and her aim is to make music that people, 30 or 40 years from now, wish they were around for. She's awesome!



She helps write the most incredible songs and she pumps them full of energy before utterly leveling the crowd with the force of it in shows. She's a tiny 5'1 and the only girl in her band but MAN does she have dominion.

I love Paramore because their music is utter rebellion, which, being angsty teenager 101 in desperate need of a reality check, is great. Things like 'I can feel the pressure is getting closer now/ We're better off without you' and 'Say this with me/ We were born for this' are EXACTLY what I want to hear.

Paramore is the kind of thing that makes me really glad I'm here and in this grizzly situation, just so I can relate to the music and scream along to each song with a reason.

And if that's not a good reason to admire a person, I don't know what is.

So are you listening? So are you watching me?

0 comments: