Friday 13 February 2009

The Senses vs. Memories

[I have no tales of me-ness today. I didn't calculate exactly how exhausted I was and crashed on the sofa when I got home. Am now exhausted. So here is something I came up with last night, and tomorrow Rach will be here for our two-year celebration (it's two years tomorrow since we first met IRL). Enjoy!]

The Senses vs. Memories

You know how you relate different sights, sounds and smells to different places or times?

Yes? No?

Well I do. I have a fabulous memory, it's one of the things I pride myself on.

The smell of this shampoo reminds me of Berlin.



It reminds me of this place consistantly. The 5am wake-up calls, and early morning showeres. There were four of us in that hotel room. One had pneumatic boobs - one false move on her part and she could break you. If she wants you to get in that shower, you will get in that shower.

The feel of this reminds me of Nightwish.



When I saw Nightwish with Rach last year I bought a flag and it stayed in my bed with me for days after. It was nice and silky so the feeling of silk always reminds me of Nightwish with Rach '08.

The sight of this forsaken spit of land does a little more that send shivvers down my spine.



This is The Royal York Hotel where I used to work. It reminds me of one thing and one thing only: Twilight. I was having a really hard time at the hotel when Twilight showed up. It gave me an escape I desperately needed.

When I taste this I think 'THREE CHEERS FOR BOTTLED HAPPINESS!'.



Chocomel! I love it. Sadly you can only find it in continental Europe and so I have only ever had it twice, and in two places - The Netherlands and Germany. Both places hold fabulous memories of either Within Temptation (The Netherlands) or Berlin '08 (Germany). Ahhh... Chocomel... How I adore thee...

When I hear my alarm I genuinely want to do this.



My alarm. It incites a real sense of fear in me. Ugh. It took me five years to pluck up the courage to change it. I was THAT fearful of my phone.

---

And just like that, there's at least five minutes of you're life that you won't get back.

I feel powerful.

0 comments: