Tuesday 24 March 2009

Say it ain't so.

I was going to write about a fight that occured at school today, to which I reacted with 'A fight! A real fight! Ooooh! It's a good one!' but who wants to hear a half-arsed re-telling of that?

Don'tSayYouDo.

---

It was a half-day at school today so I took the opportunity to catch up in my blogroll properly and came across this on LiLu's blog. I thought this was fabulous.

Technically I'm not supposed to do it because I'm not a Twenty-something or a writer as of yet, but, being me, I decided to do it anyway because I love the idea.

The Prompt:

We all have something we want to say to someone. Maybe it’s someone in your life now. Or, maybe it is something you wish you said to someone who is no longer in your life. It could even be Mr./Ms. Random Person that you saw in the local coffee shop today. What do you want to say that you were never able to?You can leave the person(s) identity anonymous, if you’d like. Feel free to feature more than one person. Do it in letter form or any form you prefer. Show us that creativity!

So you see, this could be fun. Here's what my inner Shakespeare grumbly, mopey bastard is thinking...

---

I know that it bothers you when I do things that are completely different to what's supposed to be normal. I know that it makes you cringe when I'm not loud or quiet enough. I know that you want to disown me as a friend as well. So here's my advice: Do that. It's a strain on both of us.

I think we both know you're wrong, but I'll say nothing anyway. As usual.

I know you think that we have some deep and profound connection because we are both chocolate milkshake-drinking Nightwish fans, but the fact is, you're a tool.

It was me that told your boyfriend about the other guy. He's my friend, and you were a 'ho. I know you were just having a bit of fun, but you didn't think about anyone else.

You're the best of the best, the nicest of the kindest and the most sensible crazy person I have ever met. So... nice work.

I think you're a spoilt brat with fake hair in need of a reality check.

You're the kind of person that makes coming to school everyday, getting more and more stressed and hating everything that moves just that bit more interesting.

You're an idiot to suggest that I don't want to go to the prom because I have a fear of rejection. Simple facts: Cannot dance + strong dislike for big parties + having better things to do = No fucking way.

When I was four I stole his football shirt. You were angry because he loves football. When I was four he stole my portable CD player. I was angry because I love music. I was four, he was thirteen, he knew what he was doing to the full extent, but you sided with him anyway. It's kind of grossly unfair that I come last after Paul and Cleo, Mum.

I think you're fantastic, Dad. I think you're the best person ever. I think you've got a wicked sense of humour, infallible taste in music and a great look. We should talk more.

Why do I always get a definite no? Why won't you even expend the effort to help me make the most of my life, hmm? It's always the same, you wait until it's too late to do anything and then blame it on bad timing. I don't want to wait anymore to be let down.

I'll stop shouting when she gets a grip.

So yeah. This is it. I'm still answering to you. I'm still telling you why I do things, I'm still justifying what I do, I'm still guessing at your reaction like you still matter. Actually, did you ever matter?

Hey there Baguette. You've caused a pretty large amount of trouble in our class, though when you're talking about me it's all behind my back. For you, I have two pieces of advice, both of which are conveniently summed up in two-word sentences. 1. Grow up. 2. Go screw.

---

I could probably do a better job of this, but I have really cold hands all of a sudden.

4 comments:

rachaelgking said...

I think I just feel in love with you a little bit. Our inner bitches are bffs, truly.

It doesn't matter that you're not a member- make sure you go to the prompt site and link your post so they can check you out!

<3

floreta said...

like the bits and pieces snippet into you! nicely done prompt response.

miss rambles said...

this was an awesome prompt!

iqbal said...

awesome,,,