Sunday 29 March 2009

The one where Nicole gets marooned. On camera.

[So yeah, sorry about yesterday. I was in a Robin Hood-esque bubble all day. This is what was meant to for yesterday:]

I have this weird new constitution where I have to find the best part of each day and make a big deal about it.

Do care to witness my mum's attempt at parallelogram parking. That was the corrected version.



This week I figured I'd earned my right to leave the city for a few hours, go to the coast or the middle of nowhere and just STOP.

Instead we went to Bridlington.

Bridlington is just the same as York to me. It caters for tourists but is in fact a hole. So yeah, it wasn't so thrilling, but it was still a change.

First and foremost, I got stranded. Happily I caught it all on camera.



The actual town was marginally better. The weather was awful, but then again Yorkshire is one of the few places in the world where the weather forecast has no bearing on whether or not a person takes off on some great outdoors-y escapade.

The other highlight of the day would have been seeing the flag of the USA in the most irrelevant place ever.



(I'm allowed to look fugly, it was cold)

Generally, it was a day of stupidity. I went too close to the sea when the tide was coming in, I went to the coast in gale force winds, I woke up at eight o'clock. The whole sha-bang.

I think if I were to send a postcard to my this-morning self, it would have looked something like this:

3 comments:

rachaelgking said...

Stranded?? AHHHH!!! I would have died!

Jay Ferris said...

For your Mom: http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/parking.png

Nicole said...

Hahaha... Don't give her ideas...